Welcome Video

Wednesday 28 December 2016

CrossFit Box of the Month - Maida CrossFit


Today I met Alex Chapman who is both owner and head Coach at Maida CrossFit.

Maida CrossFit is based in Aldershot, Hampshire.

This is no ordinary Box as it has three components within the Maida building.

Fight Science is a Martial Arts centre.

There is a Heavy Training Area for serious Power Lifting.

Then there is Maida CrossFit.

Alex's enthusiasm for CrossFit is infectious and he is keen to tell me the story of the Box.

His customer service focus is impressive.

There is a friendly feel to the Box as I meet the people I will be working out with as we begin the warm up.




The EMOM (Every Minute On the Minute) is a surprisingly tough front squat, back squat combination which is perfect to pre-fatigue the quads before the WOD.

Alex states that he programmes in pre-fatigue workouts to maximise the gains of the WOD.

The AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) is a simple but effective Triplet of Push Press, Pull Ups and Box Jumps.

Interestingly, it's the Box Jumps that go first as my Quads are burning.

I miss a landing and no rep myself as punishment.

I manage to just get into the next round before Alex calls TIME.

Great Box, great community and an even better workout.

We wish you well for the future.

The Bulletproof Team salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment