Welcome Video

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Bulletproofbodies recommends (Self) Functional Movement Screening



In 2009 Gray Cook came to the UK and presented about FMS. I thought his presentation was amazing and I could see exactly where he was going with his thought process.

Later that year I would be using FMS on a daily basis and for the forseeable future.

I then got certified to FMS Level 1 & 2 with Lee Burton teaching us on the course.

As a Physiotherapist I could use the FMS as a tool to be pro-active rather than re-active with my patients and clients.

It was a way to rank and rate movement.

It was a way to make the invisible, vissible by putting the participant through seven movement challenges.

This tool is validated in the literature for nearly 19 years!

Although there has been some critism about whether FMS or indeed any form of screening can predict injury,

I believe that this is still the best tool for contributing in the paradigm shift away from reactive medicine to preventitive self-management.

Gray Cook and Lee Burton I salute you - Awesome work!

Please check out FMS on the link below:

http://www.functionalmovement.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment